Why Choose Us?
3 Ways our course is different and ….
the 6 Reasons why Physical Therapists and Chiropractors should explore Dr Ma’s work
Our purpose here in pointing up why Dr Ma’s dry needling courses are different that we want to assist physical therapists and chiropractors in choosing a dry needling course that will satisfy they very own professional needs and expectations.
Let’s start with 3 very important ways….
- Integrative Dry Needling, ™ is a contemporary dry needling therapy based on the works of Dr Janet Travell (1982, 1992), Dr Chan Gunn (1978), clinical evidence, evidence-based research and Dr Ma’s own 40+ years of clinical and research experience and neuroscience training.
- We teach needling, not palpation.We teach Dry Needling as an independent modality that is easily adjusted and incorporated into physical therapists and chiropractors clinical practice, according to the professional experience and needs of attendees and patients.
“Many course providers heavily concentrate on teaching palpation during dry needling courses… dry needling is usually presented within the context of one of the popular treatment models”.- Luce Richards, researcher, Journal of Osteopathy, 2009
Many clinical treatment procedures and virtually painless needling techniques are developed by Dr Ma and can be learn only at his course.
We also present and scientifically explain the CORE of contemporary dry needling modality:
- physiological mechanisms of needling,
- mechanisms of trigger point formation,
- and the mechanisms of formation of the ”twitching response”.
Efficacy of physical therapists and chiropractors integration of dry needling into clinical practice depends on deep understanding and practical implementation of these intertwined physiological mechanisms.
“Dr Yun-tao has introduced a new understanding and practical application of dry needling based on the modern sciences of neurophysiology and anatomy, giving dry needling a definite place in preventative sports medicine and rehabilitation.”- Sue Falsone, PT, Director Physical Therapy Department, Athletic Performance, Phoenix, AZ
Dr Yun-tao Ma is the only teacher two has well rounded experience of being world known clinician, researcher, writer, teacher
- 40 years of clinical needling experience
- 30 years of research experience (neuroscience and pain management ) including research in National Institute of Health (NIH))
- publications in the most respected science journals as Journal of Neuroscience (1998), Brain Research ( 2000), Max Plank Institute (2005), etc
- his textbooks published by Elsevier in USA 2005 and 2010; in Germany 2007; in Brazil in 2008, China 2000, 2007
- Postgraduate physical therapy program at the University of Iowa and Department of Experimental Therapeutics University of Maryland, Medical School
- Visiting Professor, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Nantong Medical School, China,
- Visiting Professor, Medical Faculty, Paris IX (Orsay) University, France.
Pages: 1 2