Meet Your Teacher
Dr Yun-tao Ma, PhD, educator, writer, scientist, founder of the American Dry Needling Institute, visiting Professor with the Medical Faculty of Paris XI (Orsay) University, is an internationally recognized and highly respected authority in Pain Management, Sports and Trauma Rehabilitation, who has been teaching for many years Dry Needling in USA and all around the world.
Dr Ma’s evidence-based Integrative Dry Needling System has proven efficacy nationally and worldwide and has been presented with great success at National and international symposiums in Washington DC, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Paris, Sao Paulo, Miami, Frankfurt, Prague, Thessaloniki, Natal, Beijing and at US medical schools.
- 40 years of clinical needling experience
- 30 years of research experience (neuroscience and pain management ) including research in National Institute of Health (NIH))
- publications in Journal of Neuroscience (1998), Brain Research ( 2000), Max Plank Institute (2005), etc
- his textbooks published by Elsevier,USA 2005 and 2010; in Germany 2007; in China 2000, 2007
- experience working in the Postgraduate physical therapy program at the University of Iowa and Department of Experimental Therapeutics University of Maryland, Medical School
- Visiting Professor, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Nantong Medical School, China
- Visiting Professor, Medical Faculty, Paris IX (Orsay) University, France.
Dr Ma’s own 40-year background in clinical biomedical neuroscience research, including work with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and his experience working in the postgraduate physical therapy program at the University of Iowa and Department of experimental therapeutics at the University of Maryland medical school contributed to the creation of the unique Integrative Systemic Dry Needling™ for Pain Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma Rehabilitation. It is this rigorously scientific background, coupled with extensive clinical experience, that makes Dr Ma’s contemporary dry needling system so effective. In 2005, he co-authored a Western acupuncture (no meridians, no acuponts) aka contemporary Dry Needling modality textbook, Biomedical Acupuncture for Pain Management, Integrative approach, with Mila Ma and Zan Cho – published by Elsevier. (Also translated into German and Portuguese.)
Dr Yun-tao Ma’s new textbook further developing Dry Needling for Sports and Trauma Rehabilitation, was published in March 2010, also by Elsevier, a leading publishing house.
Presently Dr Ma is also working on new book on Dry Needling that will be published in 2015.
Dr Ma is revered by students both for the clarity of his teaching and his depth of knowledge, as well as his effective hands-on tutoring and mentoring, and deep respect for his students’ professional knowledge.
“Dr Ma’s course and book taught me how to add years to the career and life of my athletes.”
- Clayton Gibson, personal physician to elite professional athletes,NFL, NBA